Butterfly Pea Flowers
What Is Butterfly Pea Flower Tea?
Used for centuries in Southeast Asia as a refreshing herbal beverage (as well as a plant-based food and clothing dye), Butterfly Pea Flower tea is starting to hit American shelves — and people just can’t get enough!
Made from dried Butterfly Pea Flowers from the Clitoria ternatea plant, the reason Butterfly Pea Flower tea is making such a splash is because it has some very mesmerizing qualities. Once water is added to the tea, the deep cobalt blue liquid changes color when an acid such as lemon or lime juice is added.
Squeeze in some lemon or add in a bit of citrus juice, and the blue changes to purple. Its “mood ring-like” qualities have made Butterfly Pea Flower Tea a hit with anyone who enjoys a little whimsy in their life.
Enjoy The Colors!
Preparing Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
Brewing Butterfly Pea Flower Tea is Easy!
Steep 5-6 Flowers in 1 Cup of Boiling Water
Strain and Discard Flowers
Enjoy Hot, Cold, or as an Ingredient
Health Benefits of the Butterfly Pea Flower
- Butterfly Pea Flowers are full of antioxidants and detoxify the whole body
- Butterfly Pea Flowers strengthen the hair for healthy hair growth
- Butterfly Pea Flowers have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties
- Butterfly Pea Flowers helps prevents skin bruising & keeps skin glowing & healthy
- Butterfly Pea Flowers are very good for people suffering from chronic fatigue
- Butterfly Pea Flowers helps treat urinary problems
- Butterfly Pea Flowers can improve eyesight & night vision
- Butterfly Pea Flowers have been proven to have analgesic (pain relieving) properties
- Butterfly Pea Flowers stimulate blood circulation & can enhance immune system
- Butterfly Pea Flowers have anti-glycation properties which slows the aging process