North African Chermoula is a popular condiment typically served with fish and vegetables. Characterized by sweet and spicy chiles, garlic, citrus and bold spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric, Chermoula adds dramatic layers of flavor!
Chermoula Grilled Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets Skin Off
- 2 tbsp Nomad Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
- 4 tbsp Nomad Chermoula Spice Mix
- 1 pinch Nomad Saffron Threads (optional)
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- Cover the Chermoula Seasoning with the vinegar and water, set-aside until cool.
- Mix the saffron, lemon zest, oil and wet Chermoula Seasoning to make a paste.
- Brush the salmon lightly on both sides with the paste and hold in a refrigerator.
- Heat a grill to a medium high temperature. When hot add the salmon.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes and turn over, if the salmon does not lift off the grill easily wait another minute or two.
- When the fillets are flipped cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the remaining Chermoula sauce
- Remove to serving plates and serve with the remaining Chermoula sauce.