From the ancient empire of Persia and the sands of Egypt, to the continent of Africa, experience the flavors of antiquity with Nomad’s International Spice Collection.
This unique set explodes with culinary staples from Persia, Libya, North Africa, Egypt, Morocco, and the Middle East.
Each set contains:
Advieh – A blended, highly aromatic seasoning used extensively in traditional Persian cooking. Our Advieh is custom blended and we’ve intentionally made it as versatile as possible. It is immersed with aromatic nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon, among other spices, but what really sets it apart from better-known Middle Eastern seasonings is the inclusion of fragrant rose petals.
Baharat – A widely-used blend throughout the Middle East and Africa, Our handcrafted version of Baharat Spice Blend is a warming mix of sweet, spicy, full-flavored seasonings packed with cumin, coriander and cardamom with spicier ingredients like paprika and black peppercorns for this signature blend.
Berbere – Berbere spice, also known as Ethiopian Spice Blend, is a crucial component of many Ethiopian dishes such as Doro Wat. Our hand blended unique seasonings such as ajowan seed, fenugreek, ground chiles, cardamom, cumin and clove for our Berbere Ethiopian Blend.
Dukkah – A warm, fragrant blend of nuts, seeds and spices that is traditionally used as a condiment in many Egyptian & Middle Eastern cuisines. This nut-free version uses crunchy flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to achieve its signature crunch. Round, slightly earthy flavors balanced with a hint of chile heat with salt and slightly acidic, tart notes from sumac and other spices.
Harissa – Harissa is a hot chile paste ubiquitous in Tunisian & North African cuisines. It is made from a variety of spicy chiles with a complex array of savory spices. Our blend is crafted from hand chosen chiles (including African Birdseye Chiles), finely ground and blended with other traditional spices to create our Harissa Spice Blend.
Pilpelchuma – The name means “pepper garlic” in Hebrew, and both are key ingredients of traditional Pilpelchuma. Pilpelchuma is an intensely flavored condiment prepared throughout the Tripolitan region of Libya and increasingly popular in areas of Israel. Made with 5 varieties of ground chiles blended with granulated garlic and other spices, it is an essential ingredient in traditional Shakshuka.
- Advieh – Classic uses include using to season stews, rubbed on lamb before roasting over charcoal and sprinkling over rice toward the end of steaming, add a floral note to your baking with a sprinkling of Advieh over sugar cookies, or season root vegetables before roasting
- Baharat – Use as a dry-rub for grilled or roasted meat, poultry or fish, toss vegetables with olive oil and Baharat Spice Blend before roasting-it’s especially good with eggplant, or stir to taste into your favorite hummus for a more flavorful dip
- Berebere – Sprinkle on steak, chicken or fatty fish such as salmon before grilling, sprinkle on vegetables such as squash, carrots, parsnips or sweet potatoes before roasting, add to classic Ethiopian stews, or add to farro or rice
- Dukkah – Stir into dips and spreads and serve with crudité or crackers, brush flatbread (or thin slices of bread) with oil, then sprinkle with dukkah and lightly toast, stir into cooked pastas, couscous, rice, beans or lentils, or use to season roasted vegetables, poultry or meats
- Harissa – Create bold, spicy rubs for meats, steaks, chops, burgers, chicken, prawns or shrimp, fish, or vegetables, add to olive oil and chopped garlic to create this classic condiment, or use to flavor soups, stews, salads, vegetables and egg dishes
- Pilpelchuma – Use for Traditional Shakshuka, stir into tomato sauce and toss with pasta for an easy take on Fra Diavolo, spread on salmon or pork chops before grilling, or toss with root vegetables before roasting
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients – All Natural, Non GMO, Kosher, Gluten Free
- Available in 6 x 1 oz or 6 x 2 oz Sets (gift crate not included)