This dessert is an adaptation of some pretty well known names… Mousse & Panna Cotta. It is light like a mousse, creamy like a panna cotta & flavored with Saffron, Rose, & Honey.
Saffron Yogurt Mousse with Rose Petal Honey
- 1 Cup Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 Pinch Nomad Pure Spanish Saffron Threads
- 2 tbsp Rose Honey Recipe Below
- 6 tbsp Low Fat Milk
- 1 tbsp Nomad Rose Petals Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Gelatin, Unflavored Substitute with Agar Agar
- Vegetable Oil To Grease Ramekins
- Rose Petals & Slivered Almonds For Garnish
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Nomad Rose Petals
- Add Honey & Rose petals to a bowl. Let it stand for a few days to a couple of weeks. It gets more fragrant with time.
Preparing the Mousse
- Add yogurt to a bowl. Whisk it well in the bowl to make it fluffy & airy.
- Gently crush the saffron threads between your fingers. Blend it in with the yogurt. Set aside & let it sit for a couple of hours for the flavor of the saffron to be infused. The Yogurt will take on the light yellow color from the saffron.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1 Tablespoon water in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften. Heat the milk in the microwave for about 40 seconds or till almost boiling hot. Stir in gelatin in the warm milk until dissolved & there are no lumps.
- Mix yogurt, rose petals & honey.
- Mix a little yogurt into gelatin and then mix the gelatin into the rest of the yogurt, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk them together well again to blend & fluff.
- Line the Ramekins with vegetable oil.
- You can line them with a few rose petals if you want. Spoon the yogurt mix in to the ramekins. Cover & put them in a refrigerator and chill until it sets (about 6-8 hours. Overnight works best).
- Before serving, place a plate over the ramekin, turn it over & tap the ramekin lightly for it to come out.Drizzle some rose petal honey on the mousse & serve chilled.