Advieh Roasted Chicken
Although not a traditional Persian recipe, Advieh infuses the simple roasted chicken with fabulous fragrance and flavor.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 4 tsp Nomad Advieh Spice Blend
- 1/2 tsp Nomad Tumeric
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Nomad Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To season the bird
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Prep the ingredients by cutting onion in four sections. Arrange two sections at the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Slice garlic length wise. Cut lemons in four sections length wise.
- Mix Advieh and Turmeric together. Also have salt and pepper on hand to add to both the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Generously salt the inside of the bird with salt and a dash of pepper. Then rub the inside with Advieh and Turmeric mixture. Stuff the bird with the remaining half of the onion, sliced lemon, and garlic.
- Flip the bird on its breast. Brush the backside of the bird with olive oil all over. Then rub the spices, salt all over the chicken. Finish with a dash of pepper.
- Place the chicken in the roasting dish breast side up. Then brush all over with olive oil. Rub spices and salt all over the chicken. Finish with a dash of pepper.
- Tie the legs with cooking string and roast the chicken for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165° and the juices run clear.
- Cut and serve with Persian rice and vegetables