“Baharat” simply means spice in Arabic. It’s an all-purpose spice blend routinely used in Middle Eastern cooking. Tender, juicy, aromatic, and simply refreshing sum up this wonderful side dish
Baharat Roasted Carrots with Preserved Lemon Yogurt and Pine Nuts
- 2 Lbs Carrots with Tops Tops trimmed ~1 inch, greens reserved
- 3 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Nomad Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Nomad Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp Nomad Baharat Spice Blend
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Preserved Lemon Can substitute with Lemon Zest & Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Carrot Tops Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, garlic, olive oil, salt, and baharat. Mix to coat evenly. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet and place in oven on center rack. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender and browned.
- Make the sauce by combining yogurt and preserved lemon (or lemon zest and sea salt) in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a serving platter, layer carrots and yogurt sauce and drizzle with honey and olive oil. Garnish with carrot greens, pine nuts, and remaining preserved lemon.