We source these Super Blue Lavender Flowers from France, where they grow both wild and cultivated in the rocky soil of the mountainous Provence region. The petite, blue to violet-colored blossoms bloom on a long spike, and have a sweet, herbaceous scent that is popular not only in perfuming, but also as a culinary ingredient.
The flowers can be candied and used as a decoration for pastries and cakes, as well as infused into sugar, cream or simple syrup to add lavender flavor to custards, cookies, cakes, frostings and more.
Lavender Flowers also have savory applications. Sometimes they are paired with, or mixed into, creamy cheeses such as fresh goat cheese. They are also an ingredient in the French seasoning Herbes de Provence, which can be used to season poultry and fish, as well as vegetables, grains and breads.
Lavender is used extensively in aromatherapy for its supposed relaxing and anxiety-relieving properties.
- Use for Lavender Tea which is thought to calm nerves, lead to better sleep, improve skin health, and provide many other benefits
- Delicious combined with savory, fennel, basil and thyme (Herbes de Provence) as a seasoning for poultry or fish
- Adds a delicate floral flavor to vinaigrettes and marinades
- Infuse into sugar, cream or simple syrup to add lavender flavor to sweet creations such as custards, cookies, cakes and frostings
- Sprinkle candied lavender flowers over frosted cakes for a sophisticated touch
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in 2 oz Resealable Natural Kraft Bags