Our Five-Spice Powder provides a complex, sweet and savory aroma in this recipe. Ground Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Fennel and Star Anise marinate and flavor the chicken with a mix of soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine.
Chinese Five Spice Chicken Wings
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the two wing joints: discardwing tips. (We like to save them for stock)
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, rice wine, ginger, Five Spice Powder and black pepper in medium bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least @ 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sesame seeds evenly on aluminumfoil-lined cookie sheet. Toast sesame seeds in preheated oven until lightlybrowned, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding marinade. Place wings on the top rack in a foil-lined baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, turning once. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.