When it comes to grilled foods, our Piri Piri Chicken Skewers are tops in our book! The chicken and veggies are smothered with our spicy, smoky Piri Piri Sauce made with Nomad Spice Co’s Portuguese Piri Piri Spice Blend. The spicy sauce and charred skewers blend beautifully together.
Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Skewers
- 1 LB Potatoes Cut into wedges
- 2 Red Peppers Cut into chunks
- 1 Medium Oniuon Cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 LB Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs Cut into 1-1/2inch chunks
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2 Tbsp Nomad Portuguese Piri Piri Blend
- 12 Bamboo skewers Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- Cilantro, chopped To serve
- Greek Yogurt or Ranch Dressing
- Place the potato pieces in a medium pot of water and cookuntil softened but not fully cooked through. Drain off all the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and PortuguesePiri Piri Blend.
- Toss the chicken, potatoes, onions, and red peppers withjust enough to coat and marinate. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 5hours.
- Start a medium hot charcoal grill or medium-high gas grill.Thread the marinated chicken, potatoes, onions, and red peppers onto theskewers.
- Clean and lightly oil the grill surface. Place the skewerson grill and cook, turning one-quarter turn and brush with additional sauceevery 3-4 minutes until cooked through and lightly charred, about 12 minutes.In the last 5 minutes, place the lemons cut side down on the grill.
- Serve the skewers over greens and squeeze over the cut lemonif desired. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with additional Piri Piri sauceand herbed Greek yogurt or ranch dressing, if desired.