Harissa is the child of the many spice trades that passed through Tunisia. Harissa is sourced from Tunisia, which is on the northern tip of the African continent. Bordering the Mediterranean Sea, Tunisia has a adopted a diverse culinary palate that takes creativeness from cuisines of Morocco, Italy, France, Spain, Greece, and Egypt.
Harissa is a hot chile paste ubiquitous in North African cuisine and made from a variety of spicy chiles. Our blend is crafted from hand chosen chiles (including African Birdseye Chiles), finely ground and blended with other traditional spices to create our Harissa Spice Blend.
Hot, spicy flavor of chiles with a complex array of savory spices
Coarsely ground and crushed spices
Deep, rusty red color
Sold as a dry spice blend rather than paste to allow for more versatile applications
- Create bold, spicy rubs for meats, steaks, chops, burgers, chicken, prawns or shrimp, fish, or vegetables
- Add Harissa Spice Blend to olive oil and chopped garlic to create this classic condiment
- Use to flavor soups, stews, salads, vegetables and egg dishes
- Create a spicy, refreshing dip for fresh vegetables by combining our Harissa Spice Blend with tangy yogurt
- Toss whole blanched almonds in olive oil, salt and harissa blend and toast in the oven.
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags