Bring the authentic flavors of the cattle range to your kitchen with our Alamo Blend Chili Seasoning! Just add beef, onions, tomatoes beans, and simmer for a signature Texas-style chili.
Alamo Texas Chili
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Lb Ground beef or diced short rib meat
- 1-1/2 Cup Onions Diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1-2 Cans Kidney or Pinto Beans 14 oz
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes 14 oz
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Bottle Amber to Dark Beer
- 2 Oz Nomad Alamo Chili Blend
- 1-2 Oz Nomad Mole Spice Blend Optional but Yummy!
- Chipotle Powder, New Mexico Hatch Chili Powder, or Cayenne Pepper To taste
- 2 tbsp Green Onion Chopped for Garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, sweat for 1 minute. Add meat, stirring often until meat is cooked. Add the beer to the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add Alamo Chili Seasoning & Mole Blend, cook for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and bay leaf. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add beans with liquid from the can & chili powder to taste. For a smokey flavor, add Chipotle, for extra heat add Cayenne, or for a mild chili flavor, add New Mexico Hatch Chili, then cook for another 20 minutes uncovered.
- Ladle chili into bowls or crocks and garnish with green onion, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. For a real "Prairie Feast", serve with jalapeno corn bread – Yee-Haw!