Welcome to a whole new world of flavor.
Introducing a simple food with a wonderfully complex flavor. It has a tender, almost jelly-like texture with a melt-in-your-mouth consistency similar to a soft dried fruit. Hard to believe, but true. It’s as delicious as it is unique.
Black Garlic is the perfect melding of sweet and savory, a deliciously layered mix of molasses-like richness and a tangy, mellow garlic undertones with loads of umami. Although a common ingredient in Korean cuisine for centuries, it is relatively new to the West. Black Garlic is made by fermenting whole bulbs of garlic at high temperatures, a process that results in slightly wrinkled, black cloves with a distinctive flavor.
Black Garlic is sweet, almost caramel-like, with hints of balsamic vinegar or tamarind. It is matte-black and when fresh, has a tender, gooey-soft texture. Our dried Black Garlic Cloves have the same look and shape as fresh black garlic cloves, but are slightly smaller with a more wrinkled skin due to dehydration, which allows for a longer shelf life.
- Blend with butter to make compound butter
- Sauté in oil to create a base for sauces, dressings and marinades
- Delicious in Asian-inspired noodles, vegetable dishes and braised meat dishes such as beef spare ribs
- Pairs well with mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, roast pork, sausages, shellfish, smoked meats and ginger
- Chop and added directly to pizzas, pasta, rice and legume based dishes
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags